"When I had the virus (COVID-19), one of the things that got me through the scary bits was remembering our breathing exercises from yoga to really slow down the breathing and help me to stay calm. Then your course came along and it all made sense! I haven't completed yet - I'm up to the meditation section - but I'm loving it so far! Thank you!"
I put together this online course all about Breath Health to show how and why yoga, meditation and correct breathing are so important when it comes to the health of the respiratory system.
Only a very small amount of adults breath properly and this can have a detrimental effect on the body's respiratory system, nervous system and immune function.
I've created this workshop to help improve respiratory health, strengthen the immune system and to reduce stress and anxiety. This is so important at this time not only as prevention but for lessening the severity and improving recovery time should illness occur.
This workshop has been broken down into sections allowing you to move through the course at your own pace and take on bite sized chunks of information so as not to be overwhelmed or you can work through it all in one go and go back through as many times as you need. The course covers:
- The basic anatomy and the importance of correct breathing
- What causes poor breathing habits and what can be done to make improvements
- A daily yoga practise for improving respiratory health. A chair version of the practise is included along with a downloadable lesson plan
- Yogic breathing exercises (Pranayama) to encourage correct breathing habits
- Relaxation techniques which includes 3 downloadable mediations allowing you to use the practises offline
- Tips for when the respiratory system needs extra support i.e when suffering from a cough or cold virus including an information sheet on Aromatherapy for Respiratory Health
- Bonus topic covering the Mind and Body connection and the relationship between the emotions and respiratory system. This section also includes an Emotional Support meditation to help process emotions, release trauma and heal the body
- Emergency First Aid Information
You'll find all the information on the workshop, including a sample video showing you how to navigate the course and also a free meditation, using this link:
Breath Health Online Workshop
or by visiting www.victoriayogaonline.com
The course is suitable for beginners and non yogis and a chair yoga version is available if mobility doesn't allow easy transition to and from the floor.
If you have any questions or queries please feel free to contact me.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend
P.S Please feel free to forward this to anyone you feel might benefit